VEGAN CINNAMON PANCAKES (Serves 1) by Runningtothefinish
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour (you can use any type of flour)
- 1 heaping tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- sprinkle of salt
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup (you can also use agave, brown sugar, or stevia. Pretty much any kind of sweetener)
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed (optional)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (you can use any non-dairy milk, but I suggest one that has a vanilla flavor)
- Spoonful of extra virgin olive oil (also can use coconut oil for a healthier option)
Before you start making the batter, turn the stove on low-medium so the pan will be hot by the time you start making your pancakes. Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl. You’ll want the consistency a little thick (but not too thick to the point where you can’t pour. Note: After mixing you might want to wait a minute for the mixture to settle). Spray your hot pan with cooking spray, and pour the mixture onto the pan. Wait approximately a minute to a minute and a half, or until bubbles rise to the top and flip over. Cook for about a minute on the other side and VOILA.
I was able to make 5 good sized pancakes. Top with whatever you want! Whether that be peanut butter, maple syrup, soy yogurt and granola, maple syrup, it’s all up to you!